Located in the heart of Morristown's National Historic District, Macculloch Hall Historical Museum was built by George and Louisa Macculloch. The Maccullochs built their Federal style brick mansion, the first significant brick structure in Morristown, in 1810 and added onto it in 1812 and 1819 as their family's influence in local, state, and national history grew.
Five generations of the Macculloch-Miller-Post family lived in the house until 1949. In 1949, the family sold the house to W. Parsons Todd. He incorporated the house into a museum for public benefit in 1950. Todd spent years preserving the nationally recognized structure and building a fine and decorative arts collection and historic archive.
Today, MHHM interprets the history and collections throughout the house's well-preserved rooms and galleries. We offer a diverse schedule of changing exhibitions, educational and public programs.