Morristown Festival of Books
Morristown Festival of Books: A literary event for all – October 6 & 7, 2023
The Festival begins on Friday evening October 6 with a Keynote Event. This is a ticketed event, and tickets are available online or by phone at 973-539-8008. Tickets are also available at the door on the night of the event, as availability allows.
The Morristown Festival of Books Keynote Event at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, October 6, at the Mayo Performing Arts Center (MPAC), Morristown features Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists James B. Stewart and Rachel Abrams, who will discuss their New York Times bestseller, Unscripted: The Epic Battle for a Media Empire and the Redstone Family Legacy, hailed as the true-life Succession story of our time.
The Main Festival, including KidFest, happens on Saturday, October 7 and runs from 10am – 5pm. Authors give in-person talks and hold Q&A sessions at venues along South Street. Other than select special events, these sessions are free, no tickets required; general seating on a first-come, first-served basis.
Visit the Information Tent on the Vail Mansion lawn (use 110 South Street, Morristown 07960 for GPS) to pick up a Festival program and plan your day once you arrive!
The Morristown Festival of Books features more than 100 award-winning and bestselling authors who will speak and answer questions at five locales, all within walking distance of each other along South Street in historic Morristown.
Created by and for people who love books, MFOB has become a destination event for authors and readers. Since its inception, the fest has established itself among the top book festivals nationwide, drawing thousands of annual attendees to enjoy:
- In-person talks by world-class authors
- A diverse roster that has grown to more than 300 authors over the festival’s tenure
- Multiple Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award winners, Newbury and Caldecott medalists, and New York Times bestselling fiction and non-fiction luminaries along with emerging voices across all genres
- Unique engagement opportunities between readers and writers
- Special events for children, teens, and YA fans of all ages